Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saint Eustache

Last night I walked past the Tuileries on my way to the Louvre to reserve a spot at their Friday night concert. Unfortunately it was completely booked, so I decided to go see the mass at St-Eustache. I walked in, and it was magnificent and very gloomy. I don't think I've seen ceilings so high. They had some scary looking statues of evil looking bishops, and some wonderful paintings on the walls(those statues alone are enough to put anyone off Catholicism). I sat down for the 6pm mass but found out that the organs and the choir are only on Sunday evenings. After 10 minutes of French church I bolted; I probably looked quite rude, but those little wicker chairs are tortuous to sit in for more than two minutes. That ended my evening at St-Eustache.

No comments: