Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Arriving

We land exactly on schedual, and customs and baggage pick up was quick and easy. I took the RER right into the city, and ended up at Chatelet metro, which seemed to have, at the time, a million other exits except the one I was supposed to go to. I eventually found my way to the Rue des Lombards, and waited out front for Avi, the guy from New York who's subletting my place. Neither of us had thought to describe what we looked like, so I was quite scared for a few minutes that the creepy guy pacing at the end of the street would be him. Luckily not. Avi arrives looking very much like the Beaux Arts student he is, and takes me up to the 7th floor(no elevator). I'm trying very hard to control my wheezing as we reach the top. The door has 3 different locks to undo, with some very cool old school keys. The door opens, and oh my God the place is tiny, but I love it already. We go back downstairs as he explains everything, and I pay him 300 euros for the 2 months. That done, he's off to Berlin, and I have my first place :)

No comments: