Friday, November 16, 2007

Bassin Villette

On Wednesday I was walking in the 2e, and caught sight of a nice looking building further North. I walked and walked, and wound up at the Gare de l'Est, in the 9e. The guidebooks had made me totally terrified of even venturing near the Faubourg Saint Denis. It's crap. The area is really interesting, the restaurants are authentic and there's not a camera or fanny-pack to be seen. I swear the guidebook publishers take commision for every tourist they send to Café du Flore. Anyways I walked along every street they told me to beware of and I loved it. I walked all the way up to the 19e, to the Bassin Villette. It takes you up to the Parc Villette, which is a modern playground, and home to the Science Museum. It was a very nice walk, and a wonderful change up from the tourist filled 1er.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This entry makes parents "un peut nerveux" non?